New Horizons offers Behaviour Consultation and Behaviour Interventionist services to families with children under 6 years of age and school-aged children and youth, who are living in Kamloops and area. With over 16 years of experience in delivering intensive behaviour intervention services, we offer a comprehensive support service for children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and their families.
At New Horizons, we collaborate with parents and families in creating and reaching goals that are important to you and your child’s development. Our behaviour intervention services are always centred on your child’s unique strengths and needs. We focus on teaching your child practical and functional skills that are most meaningful and valuable to their everyday life, such as:
- Communication skills
- Early learning and academic skills
- Play skills and social skills
- Emotional regulation skills
- In home intervention services, with generalization in other settings such as playdates and get-togethers, and child care or preschool or school settings where possible.
- Direct service from Nina Gales, Level A RASP Behaviour Consultant, with clinical support from Emily McCallum (Keats), Board Certified Behaviour Analyst and Level A RASP Behaviour Consultant.
- We can hire, train, and closely supervise Behaviour Interventionists or work with Behaviour Interventionists hired privately by a family.
- We work collaboratively with families to come up with a therapy schedule and budget that considers family needs and best outcomes for your child.
- Parent training is available and encouraged.
- We collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (SLP, OT, PT, Preschool, School)
To interview us to see if our services are a good fit for your family, or for more information about our services, please call Nina Gales at (778) 694-8125 or contact us by email