New Horizons offers Behaviour Consultation and Behaviour Interventionist services to families with children under 6 years of age and school-aged children and youth, who are living in Kamloops and area. With over 16 years of experience in delivering intensive behaviour intervention services, we offer a comprehensive support service for children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder and their families.
At New Horizons, we collaborate with parents and families in creating and reaching goals that are important to you and your child’s development. Our behaviour intervention services are always centred on your child’s unique strengths and needs. We focus on teaching your child practical and functional skills that are most meaningful and valuable to their everyday life, such as:
- Communication skills
- Early learning and academic skills
- Play skills and social skills
- Emotional regulation skills
- Services in your home, with generalization in other settings such as playdates and get-togethers, and child care or preschool or school settings where possible.
- Services can be delivered by telehealth where it is a good fit for the child and family.
- We can hire, train, and closely supervise Behaviour Interventionists or work with Behaviour Interventionists hired privately by a family.
- We work collaboratively with families to come up with a therapy schedule and budget that considers family needs and best outcomes for your child.
- Parent training is available and encouraged.
- We collaborate with multidisciplinary teams (SLP, OT, PT, Preschool, School)
- Health and safety precautions are in effect to lower the risk of COVID-19 transmission at this time.
- Nina Gales, BCBA, Category A RASP Consultant
- Isabelle Thomas, BCBA, Category A RASP Consultant
- Emily McCallum, BCBA, Category A RASP Consultant
To interview us to see if our services are a good fit for your family, or for more information about our services, please contact us by email.