We develop behavioural plans of intervention, provide implementation support, monitoring, and team training with the goal of reducing serious challenging behaviour and increasing positive skills to improve the quality of life for all involved.
Some examples of the behaviours we can address are:
- Uncooperative, disruptive, or socially offensive behaviours
- Verbal escalations and outbursts
- Property destruction
- Physical aggression (being hurtful to others)
- Self-injurious behaviour (being hurtful to self)
- Repetitive or unusual behaviours negatively impacting quality of life
- Elopement (running away) and other unsafe behaviours
For adults eligible for Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) services, please contact your CLBC Facilitator to discuss a referral to New Horizons for Behaviour Consultation services.
CHILDREN & YOUTH:
For children and youth supported by the Ministry for Children and Family Development (MCFD) please enquire with your MCFD Social Worker regarding a referral for our services.
FEE FOR SERVICE:
See Autism Support Services for more information on Behaviour Consultation services on a fee for service basis through MCFD Autism Funding or private pay.
Please enquire with us directly for more information.